All Planned Prescribed Burns are weather dependent
Springerville, AZ, October 29th, 2021 — Multiple districts on the Apache-Sitgreaves National Forests are planning prescribed burns over the next three weeks (October 25th to November 12th). Prescription burn projects are being planned for the following locations:
Alpine Ranger District
• Wallow West Unit Four Rx Project, location will be FR 25 South to the Black River and West of FR25 to FR 25G on the East.
Springerville Ranger District
• Cerro Trigo Rx Project, location will be West of County Road 1323 and East of Whiting Homestead.
• 404 Rx Project, location will be South of FR 404 West of FR 61, North of FR 64A.
• Brady Park Rx Project, location will be South of FR 404, West of FR 404C, and East of FR 64.
Lakeside Ranger District
• Morgan Tank Rx Project, location will be South of SR 260 and ½ mile west of the Bison Ridge and Torreon developments, specifically South of FR 130 to FR 300, and East of FR 140 to FR 135.
Black Mesa Ranger District
• Heber/Overgaard WUI Rx, location will be South of Turkey Draw, North of FR 160 and associated dozer line, East of Hwy 260 and West of FR 86.
Smoke will be a consideration in the vicinity of the prescribed burns depending on the weather and caution should be used when traveling in the area.
Stay up to date on news from the A bar S at our website https://www.fs.usda.gov/asnf, on Twitter @A_SNFs and on facebook.com/apachesitgreavesnfs.
USDA is an equal opportunity provider, employer and lender.