The Navajo Nation has moved from stage I fire restrictions to stage II fire restrictions.
The following are prohibited
- All trash and field-clearing burning
- All wood and charcoal fires and barbeques
- Use of firearms and incendiary devices without a permit
- Use of combustion engines, including chainsaws
The following can be exercised, but with EXTREME CAUTION
- Smoking- It is advised to do this within an enclosed vehicle or in a designated area
The following are permitted
- ONLY propane, gas, or other petroleum fueled stoves for livestock branding
- Ceremonial fires that have been permitted by NNEPA
- Public fireworks that have been approved nd permitted by the Navajo Nation Fire Department
- Persons with valid written permit to perform authorized activites
- Persons conducting activities n designated areas where the activity is specifically authorized by written notice
- Any State, Federal, or other local officer engaged in a rescue or firefighting force
The paper copy of the fire restrictions will be posted on the fire restrictions, closure, and maps tab in the following days.